Gepida Thoris XT 10 Tandem eBike
Riding a tandem bicycle is a unique experience and adding the smooth and powerful Bosch mid-drive system increases the fun. Two people cycling this close find lots of great things to enjoy together!
The advantages of a tandem are:
- It is easy for the Stoker and Captain to talk to each other, much easier than on individual bikes.
- The Stoker can take pictures, talk on the phone, feed the Captain, help navigate, assist with putting on a jacket or taking one off, and many other things including pedaling!
- Someone with limitations that prevent riding a single bike can still get out and enjoy a ride in the Stoker position.
The advantages of the Thoris electric tandem are:
- Addition of a drive and battery provide a low center of gravity for a very stable ride.
- Power assist for varying conditions – hills, headwind, load, and physical condition of riders.
- Greater safety through having the ability to rapidly speed up to blend with traffic when needed.
- Captain has powerful disc brakes in front and rear.
- Stoker has a v-brake for extra stopping power.
- Enhanced safety through integrated lights in front and in back.
- Fenders help to keep you dry.
- Rear rack for carrying your picnic lunch or gear for multi-day camping trips.
- Very strong and lightweight frame; mid-step entry for Stoker.
- Excellent ergonomics allow hours of riding in comfort.
WHAT ARE EBIKE CLASSES?
As electric bicycles started taking over in Europe, Asia and the Americas, different types of ebikes have entered the space. Some could be considered “low speed electric bikes” as defined by U.S. Public Law, while others are more closely related to mopeds or motorcycles based on their power and speed. For this reason, several “classes” were created in Europe defining how and where specific ebikes could be used.
EBIKE SIZING GUIDE
TAKE THE GUESS WORK OUT